Monday, December 28, 2009

What recession?

We had an awesome time on Christmas Day!
We had a late start because nobody was in bed before 1 am the night before. The joke when looking at the piles of Christmas presents was "what recession?"
The kids trying to refrain from digging and peeking. Kaitlyn was the representative for the group (being the only one that can read) and kept saying this one is for Morgan, this one is for me, oh and another one for me, etc...

Tyson - "All I asked Santa for was another boy to play with - I'm out of here!"

A group shot before diving in

The Pavlik clan

The Deals

You know it's going to be a good day when your mom offered you a sugar cookie at breakfast and there are presents stacked well above your head.
Daddy got a new pack for hiking (paper for now 'cause we didn't want to haul it). Tyson will be more excited when he gets to use it - I hope.
Kaitlyn and her prized waterbottle from Morgan
This was the year of the horse for the girls - Horse mirrors from Ginny
Cowboy hats to ride horses in - Morgan is sooooo happy that she's a cowboy now (not a cowgirl, a cowboy).
Thanks Auntie E for the 100 piece foam block set (I owe you, really - just wait). And yes, I will think of you everytime I'm picking these up off the floor.
Addy's theme for the day was to ignore the presents she received and hone in on somebody elses. Smart thinking really 'cause those toys will be leaving, the ones she got she can play with anytime...wise beyond her years.

Dani is all decked out and ready to learn how to cook. The outfit and the cookbook come with complementary cooking lessons at the Pavlik house.


Daddy got a skabbard from Grandpa JD

Ginny got a antelope head in a tote - most women would not be too thrilled about this but she was in tears...of joy, I think.


Here we are in the midst of the storm


Vanna showing off the Hickory Farms gift pack

Tyson wasn't too thrilled about opening gifts. He had to have a intermission for a nap so he got to open some later all by himself, at his own pace.

Morgan also had some finishing up to do after resting - she got horses and truck & trailer from Aunt Kerri.

"Come on Tyson, it's time to play with the stuff they forced us to open."


Tyson got all dudded up for Christmas Dinner - I couldn't decide which one was cuter so I included both.


We didn't even do stockings and Dad & Kerri's birthday until late Christmas Day - we were all pretty tired at that point.
Dani and Aunt Kerri finishing up