Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Update (Updated Fri)

Just had an appointment this morning and the baby is right where we left it on Wednesday, upside down...yeah! No real progress on other things so we plan to enjoy the Easter weekend and see what baby decides to do. Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend - we'll hopefully be watching the snow melt and finding eggs!


OK - I'm in baby mode here lately and have a nice update to share. I had an appointment last week (@ 36 weeks) and we determined the baby was breech (right-side-up) which, in babyland, is upside down and not what we wanted to hear. So, in an effort to avoid a C-Section we made an appointment for today to try to turn the baby (a process known as External Cephalic Version or ECV). I'm happy to report that it went well. After a couple failed attempts the doctor managed to get the baby to flip and the baby didn't show signs of stress. Everything appears to have gone according to plan! We have a checkup on Friday to be sure the baby is staying in position and hopefully get an indication on when/if the baby is ready to make its grand entrance. It's a step in the right direction for now and I'll do my best to post Friday if we learn anything new.