Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One for 2nd Grandma

This morning I got Devin all dressed and Tyson says:
"Why is Devin being the Pump House Guy?"

OK - I've been asked by many for an explanation...
The school has a little pump house that is practically in our driveway that they rebuilt starting in Feb of this year. The old man they hired to do the construction wore Carhartt bibs everyday and it took him approx 6 months to complete construction on the massive 6'x 6' structure. He never worked longer than 20 minutes on it and then he'd drive off and come back - this went on all day long/7 days a week/for 6 months (Daddy could have built the thing in a weekends' time). He always came when 2nd Grandma was there so we decided that he was prolonging the construction because he had a crush on her. Grandma does love her little guy in Carhartt bibs...just not the Pump House Guy :o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought I'd share the mildly entertaining conversation this morning between the kids. They were eating Peanut Butter & Jelly Toast and I was harping on them to quit goofing off and eat their breakfast. So Morgan, being the back-up mom says: "You have to eat it because God gave you the toast to make you strong and healthy." To which Tyson quickly fired off "It's not God's Toast, it's Mommy's!"