So we have one under our belt...and we weren't sure how it was going to go. Tyson just started practice on Tuesday and had a couple bad experiences that made him think twice about wrestling.
But he was pretty excited once we got there and he saw all of his new friends.
Yes, we have to be Three Forks Wolves (Manhattan's rival) in order to wrestle because Manhattan doesn't have a program. He is in PeeWee 65#
We had a bye the first round so there was a lot of waiting...
...and snacking...
...and reading...(she finished her first big book, 523 pages! I haven't ready a book with that many pages since...?)
...and more waiting.
Game time!
This was the last period of his first match.
Onto the 2nd match.
-
And I must share this little story. We're jammed up in the stands with no leg room or back room and Devin comes up the stairs...wades through the crowd and informs me that he pooped his pants. Are you serious? He hasn't done that in 6 months...and now...as we've waited all day to watch Tyson wrestle...now he's up and Devin needs a change. I did what any good mom would do and apologized the immediate crowd around us (including the lady covering her nose with watering eyes) that I would change him immediately after this match. I think they understood... :-)
The clip I took of the match he won is too big for the blog (I'll keep that in mind next time). I couldn't see the score either but he won!
The 3rd match was fun to watch, this was the final period.
It seemed like some stuff was starting to click a little.
And here he is, with his first wrestling ribbon - 4th place!
Proud of our little man.
