Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No Snow...still




So we were completely bypassed by the big winter storm that came through last week. We have mixed feelings about it but all in all it's been a good thing...we'll get our turn. Still plenty cold for ice!
Morgan's preschool class made a trip to the ice rink at the park on Thursday last week. Morgan said it was fun but her butt hurt from all the falling down :-)

Dacey loaded them up on Tuesday and took them sledding at the awesome no-snow sledding hill in Manhattan.

They still had fun.

Devin getting a little fresh air.

They even had a picnic lunch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I managed to get a couple videos this week of Devin

What the heck....why can't I grab it?


 Doing a little squawking in his high chair...thankfully he's got an entertaining brother.

Kaitlyn even doing her part to feed Devin.

 This kid has done a 180 when it comes to eating. We've stopped doing baby food and he's eating everything he can get his hands on: fruit, bread, pizza, whatever you can throw at him big or small. He eats it feverishly and wants more and more...what a relief! He's stocking up so he can start crawling...he's so close and covers alot of ground going backwards...stay tuned! 

Oh my, yes. I told him to give me his mean wrestling face.

He and Daddy are a pair when it comes to this. Tyson turns completely crazy and really tries to hurt Theron...it's hilarious to watch. Kaitlyn still jumps on them once in awhile but Morgan wants nothing to do with it. 

I'll watch from here :)

 Here's the big manly wrestler with his pink backpack - upside down - going to "boy school".

 Morgan got herself into a nice predicament...can you help me?

Little cutie.

Daddy and Morgan having strawberry shortcake. 
We were celebrating Katy's birthday with a steak dinner and some dessert but after this picture my camera died so no picture of the birthday girl :-( You'll have to take my word for it but she doesn't look one day older anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaitlyn brought home some writing she'd done this month.

Let me translate that last line for you: "I slept by the Christmas Tree and I didn't wake up and see Santa." 

And this one is pretty self explanatory. 
So we'll be starting the get-Kaitlyn-a-horse-and-a-baby-horse fund if anyone wants to contribute :-) Yeah...that's one thing I don't think we're quite ready for. Why couldn't she have asked for chickens or a new kitten?