We got out the holiday decorations on Saturday!
The kids were all gung-ho to help but this was as far as they made it....decorating the banister. Guess who had to do the rest?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, back to Devin. I am loving this kid more and more everyday - he's so unbelievably sweet. I feel like he doesn't get near the attention he deserves on this blog but it's mostly (as bad as it sounds) because he doesn't do anything. As the 4th child with a mild demeanor he doesn't talk because everyone else won't allow him to. It's never quiet in our house and why would he bother when he won't be heard anyway. He babbles and actually has said something similar to Dada & Mama but you couldn't pay him to say it to you - so we can't count it yet.
He still has no teeth - not sure why because all of the other three had at least 4 teeth at this point but regardless, he's a happy toothless Baby!
He is starting to be mischievous...this is where I'm thinking I'll regret saying "he doesn't do anything".
He loves to scoot around in his walker (when he's not being pushed or pulled somewhere at a very high rate of speed). He just puts around and doesn't try to steer it - his feet just happen to hit the floor every now and again to move him in a new direction.
He can feed himself now
** Hallelujah!**
Look at those chunky baby thighs!
Generally speaking, he HATES solid food. We make cereal, grind up real food, everything and he just puts his little lips together and refuses to let it enter his little mouth. If you do happen to get it in, it gets pushed right on out. However, he was eyeing this piece of Roast Beef so I gave it to him and starting chowing on it...who'd thunk, just need to give the kid some meat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No, you can't wear that to preschool.
And Tyson found himself on the Skidsteer several times this weekend. Daddy brought it home to do some work around the house before the snow falls. Kaitlyn came in and asked "How does it work without a driver (steering wheel)?" Tyson replied "It just does, so don't worry about it!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was tucking Tyson into bed last night and he said (in his sweet little boy voice) that the house looks pretty. (Assuming he was talking about the Christmas decorations) I said thanks buddy and asked if he was excited for Christmas.
"Yeah because Santa is going to come in his truck."
Oh really, not in his sleigh with his flying reindeer?
"No, only Buzz Lightyear flies, not Santa."
Well how does he get all the presents in his truck?
"Mommy, he has a trailer! A green one."
Of course he does buddy, I forgot....:)