The State Wrestling Tournament was in Dillon !
They had all of the teams come out on the mats...which was cool to see.
Yeah, I was that mom taking pictures during the national anthem.
Little down time...so we did some braiding on the girl that never lets me touch her hair.
1st Match
Here's the period where he made his big move.
Sorry for those of you that don't enjoy wrestling - our family does so I know they love these little clips.
A win!
His 2nd match was vs a Belgrade kid he's lost twice to.
He wrestled more aggressively than he ever has against him so we were proud of him.
His last match was vs the Townsend kid - same kid, new haircut, same ending...a loss by points.
I'm posting this video only because it reminds me why I stay in the stands and video his matches. This kids mom is entertaining to watch. She gets more nervous that he does before matches and well...helps coach apparently. It's embarrassing and I don't even know her :)
Tough loss - but he did well and faced him for the 4th time this year without being pinned.
OK - I'm done...time to be a kid!
And the saddest story of the day...Mommy's camera fail. Picture #1 of him getting his medal then it went black and said "charging flash". So here is the 65# PeeWee's!
I'm stalking some facebook pages of the other other 3 moms to nab their picture but this is all we have for now. Oh yes, I really am :)
* * * * *
He had a good 1st year and learned a lot of moves and some of the lingo. We are proud of him (and us) for sticking it out! 4 nights/week practice in Three Forks about did us all in.
So....now onto softball :-)


